We worked with travel, independent, showcase baseball leaders across the country to develop the ATBA.
Why is it needed?
- National purchasing power
- Develop relationships- home 'n home series/events with and against others
- Share ideas and concepts / See what others are doing
- Find opportunities for your league, org, team
- One voice for travel baseball (fastest growing demographic in baseball)
How can you help?
- Spread the word. We want individuals, leagues, orgs to join ASAP (all free and no sharing of contacts)
- Looking for State Coordinators. Please contact Rob Hahne at RobH@nvtbl.org if interested.
What is wrong with travel, independent, showcase baseball?
- Is it too expensive?
- Is there too much travel for average families?
- How can we be more efficient in matching up proper levels of players/teams?
- Should there be more competition in showcase baseball? Is it too focused on individual?
- Are we all a part of the problem in parents obsession for showcase/recruiting?
- How can travel/showcase baseball help colleges more? What do coaches want?
- How can we help direct revenue to college coaches/programs, where needed?
- Can we create some standards throughout travel baseball?
- How do we create a balance of local competitive baseball and actual travel tourneys/events?
- How do we keep focus on development and away from results in lower age groups of travel?
I was hoping to get some ideas and feedback going with this first post. Please feel free to use the COMMENTS section to reply so that we can all start sharing ideas.
Rob Hahne- ATBA